By Jeb Backe ’19
Maybe you feel like you’ve kept your head down for far too long. It’s been an overly extended period of just getting by. From your own self-prescribed reasons, there’s been no time to do anything but blindly push forward. Now you lift your head up and realize the peculiarities underlying all that you’ve been caught up in. Everything feels a little screwy and you need something that understands this feeling; something to provide some peace of mind in that solidarity. If you look at it all in a certain light, the world gets strange. These songs are for that.
This playlist is dedicated to my dad. I was with him when I heard all of these songs for the first time. If it weren’t for him I would not possess the love of music he has kindled in me.
- Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Bob Dylan
- Peace Train – Cat Stevens
- Fire and Rain – James Taylor
- Hello In There – John Prine
- Helplessly Hoping – Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Our Prayer – The Beach Boys
- Run Of The Mill [Demo] – George Harrison
- Mull Of Kintyre – Paul McCartney & Wings
- Surf’s Up – The Beach Boys
- She’s Always A Woman – Billy Joel
- Doctor My Eyes – Jackson Browne
- Sister Golden Hair – America